ANSWERING YOUR QUESTIONS. . .
WHERE DO OUR PUPPIES COME FROM?
We work on a regular basis with a small group of private USA breeders. The USDA regulates our breeders and our puppies are picked up and driven directly to the store. Our puppies are not shipped “cargo” on an airplane.
- WHERE DO OUR BREEDERS KEEP THEIR DOGS?
They keep them in their own homes or in climate-controlled kennels with plenty of provision for fresh-air exercise. Most specialize in just a few breeds.
WHY NOT BUY DIRECTLY FROM A BREEDER INSTEAD OF FROM LE PETIT PUPPY?
You could, for sure, if you knew that the breeder was reputable and if the breeder wanted to deal with the public. When you buy from Le Petit Puppy you benefit from our tested relationships with our breeders, and our on-going support. We also provide a 50% refund if you return the puppy within three days of purchase, and a 100% refund if within two weeks of purchase you obtain a letter from a vet stating that the puppy was not fit for sale.
- WOULDN’T A REPUTABLE BREEDER WANT TO KNOW WHOM THEY WERE SELLING THEIR PUPPIES TO (YOU!)?
Our breeders trust us to make sure that their puppies go to good homes. We don’t just sell puppies; we try to work with each customer to find out what would be the right dog for them.
WHAT IS THE NAME AND ADDRESS OF THE PUPPY’S BREEDER?
The breeder’s name is in the puppy’s file, which you are encouraged to examine.
ISN’T IT CRUEL TO KEEP PUPPIES IN CAGES IN THE PET SHOP? Dogs and puppies are den-animals. When you take your puppy home you will need to confine them in a small area as well. Our puppy quarters have solid floors and are regularly cleaned. All our puppies receive plenty of personal attention and exercise in an exercise pen every day.
WHAT HEALTH CARE DO WE GIVE OUR PUPPIES?
Every puppy is examined by a vet and issued a health certificate before they leave the breeder. On arrival at the store, the puppies are checked again by a vet and issued another health certificate. In addition, the puppies are carefully observed for several days after arrival to make sure they are ready to go home before they are offered for sale. All our puppies are kept up to date with their vaccinations. No one can completely guarantee the health of a puppy, but these are the precautions we take in addition to using known and trusted breeders. We also offer one free visit/consultation with a vet to customers who take home a puppy.
- WHAT GUARANTEES/REFUNDS/EXCHANGES DO YOU OFFER?
Our consumer protection plan has all the details and is the only document you should refer to for a full and accurate description of our health guarantees and exchange/refund policies. Here is a brief overview of the areas covered in the plan
1. Each customer has 14 days to have his or her puppy checked out by a vet to make sure the puppy is healthy. If the vet finds in writing that the puppy was NOT fit for sale the puppy may be returned to Le Petit Puppy for a full refund of the price paid for the puppy and/or exchange.
2. We guarantee every puppy for one year against serious congenital health problems. If a vet finds in writing that such a problem unfortunately exists you will be entitled to a new puppy of the same breed or equivalent value breed.
- We try our best to be above the rest!